Secure Online Shopping
- When entering personal or payment details a padlock will be visible in the bottom right of your web browser, this means that you are in secure mode.
- Whilst in secure mode all your details will be encrypted for increased security.
- We use advanced encryption so that your card details cannot be seen.
- We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for all orders placed – this prevents your personal information from being revealed.
- We do not store your card details, that is why we ask for them for each time you place an order.
- The three digit security code on the back of your credit card will be requested whenever you shop online with us.
- For added security we recommend that you close your Internet browser when you have finished shopping, especially if you use a shared computer.
If you have any further questions about security, please email us or call 01539 822644.
VERIFIED BY VISA AND MASTERCARD SECURECODE
WHAT IS IT?
www.hawksheadbrewery.co.uk participates in Verified by Visa and MasterCard SecureCode for added online payment security. These services are offered by Visa and MasterCard, in association with the bank that has issued your credit / debit card. It is aimed at protecting your details when shopping online by ensuring your card is not being used by someone else and is becoming a standard across all shopping websites.
WHAT WILL I SEE?
If your card qualifies and you haven't yet registered, simply follow the onscreen instructions. This process will create an online code (different to your card PIN – an online PIN equivalent) for use on www.hawksheadbrewery.co.uk and other participating websites.
This is a completely secure process. The information you provide is completely private, will only be visible to you and your card issuer, and would never be shared with other parties.
If you are unsure about this new service, you may be able to complete your order without registering but your card issuer will eventually require you to register to continue shopping online.
If you would like to learn more about these services or have any difficulty with the process, please contact your card issuer who should be able to assist you.
ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
ADDITIONAL SECURITY STEPS
You can configure your web browser to tell you when your details are being sent and to warn if they are not being sent in a secure way, to activate this:
Internet Explorer - select OPTIONS on the VIEW menu and then click the SECURITY tab, ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked.
Firefox - select TOOLS then OPTIONS on the tools menu and then click the SECURITY tab, go into settings of the warning messages section - ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked.
Online security is constantly evolving so, if you are using an older version of Internet Explorer (version 6 for example), we recommend you update your browser to a later version of IE in order to take full advantage of the improved security features.
You can download the latest browser version of Internet Explorer from:
www.microsoft.com (www.hawksheadbrewery.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external websites).